Saturday, December 1, 2012

An Update on All I've Been Doing, "Psycho Save Us" promos, Bookslut, Artwork by Axel Torvenius, and Other Stuff

Okay, so, first of all, thanks so much to you guys for your support of both myself and Psycho Save Us.  The reviews have just started to pour in and so far, nothing lower than 4/5 stars, including a 5/5 star review from best-selling fantasy author Heath Pfaff.  Here's an excerpt from his and some of the other reviews:

Cover Art by Marvel Comics & Video Game Artist Axel Torvenius



"When picking up a book by an independent writer you always know you're taking a bit of a gamble. Will the writing be up to par? Will the story flow make sense? Will the plot have any sort of drive? What's even more of a risk is picking up a book by an independent writer that is so incredibly difficult to slip into a neat genre definition. It's easy to give a pass to a novel that is written in a genre you have a soft spot for, but if you can exactly define a category for Psycho Save Us, then you're a far better man than I.

So, here we are. I found myself with this novel that I knew little about, by an author I knew next to nothing about, written in a genre that can't be defined, and there was only one thing for me to do. Read. I am a slow, ponderous reader. It takes me longer to finish a book then most anyone I know, and yet I finished this story in three days. I flipped digital page after digital page, refusing to stop, needing to see what would happen next because this story was unlike any I'd ever read before. Unto the very last page of the book I wasn't entirely certain how thing were going to end for the main characters. I loved this book.  5/5 stars."
  - Heath Pfaff, author of The Hungering Saga

This next one is from a reader named "Kane":

"Chad Huskins can portray resonances of the deep, dark underworld like no one else, and he does it with strokes of familiarity that we can comprehend. In short, he makes the unreal seem real, which is possibly the best compliment I can give an author. Arguably the main character of the book, Spencer, is both antagonist and protagonist, and surprisingly easy to understand for a guy who listens to a voice in his head.  It is a disturbing book, but one that makes you both think and feel as Spencer's world (hopefully) contrasts your own.  5/5 stars."

This one from a reader calling herself "Alyson":

"This author has a talent for personifying life that we don't always see as human and crafting emotions into words that are not easily expressed.  Now, I will warn you; some of the scenes in this novel are vulgar and graphic. Half way through this book you might find yourself thinking, "How could a sane person write this?" I know at one point I did. However, after taking a step back and reconciling the book as a whole, I came to the conclusion that the author did not intend to glorify or condone the criminal acts that take place. My take away from this book was for the author to evince the abominable operations of a world most of us will thankfully never experience. If you approach this story with maturity and an open mind, I believe you will understand the purpose this story serves.  4/5 stars."

And this last one is my favorite, it comes from Goodreads, from a reader calling herself "Missy": 

"Holy shit, this book scared the piss out of me!  But in a creepy good way!  4/5 stars."

That's pretty cool!  And sales are up each month, lots of Likes and Shares on Facebook and Twitter, and generally just good things to report.  Also, there's a banner up for the book on the popular book site bookslut.com, which The New York Times puts up there with Goodreads as one of the leading sites for books and readers these days.  Check out the banner here:  http://www.bookslut.com/features/2012_11_019549.php

And, last but not least, Psycho Save Us is going to be FREE for the next 5 days on Amazon, so get it here folks!  http://www.amazon.com/Psycho-Save-Us-ebook/dp/B009DL5WEQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348353493&sr=8-1&keywords=psycho+save+us

I also was interviewed twice in the last month, including Indie Author Land, where they also interviewed Hugh Howey of the fabulous Wool.  Here are the links to those of you who would like to read them:  http://indieauthorland.com/2012/11/16/interview-with-chad-huskins-author-of-psycho-save-us/.  I was interviewed also as a guest on Anna C's blog: http://annadelc.com/blog/?p=603#more-603

Thanks again for so much of your support.  I couldn't do it without you, the readers and fans.  Follow me on Facebook and Twitter: @ChadRyanHuskins

Also, check out the sites of Marvel Comics artist and my book cover artist Axel Torvenius.  You won't find more original and atmospheric artwork anywhere else.  You can find his work on YouTube, in videos like those below, as well as as his amazing work on his DeviantART page.  Thanks, Axel.  You da man!




No comments:

Post a Comment